How to Make Guacamole with Hubert Keller
- 1/2 cup tightly packed cilantro leaves
- 3 plum tomatoes, cored, halved and seeded
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 medium jalapeño peppers, stemmed, quartered and seeded
- 2 green onions (include 2 inches of green), cut in 1-inch lengths
- 6 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and cut in 1-inch pieces (reserve several pits)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Using chopping metal blade in Cuisinart Food Processor, pulse to chop cilantro (usually 10 pulses). Remove from processor and set aside. Pulse to chop tomatoes, and then remove from processor and set aside.
- Push garlic cloves and jalapeño peppers through feed tube and run until minced (usually takes about 10 seconds).
- Place avocados, lime juice, chili powder, cumin and salt into the work bowl and process for 30 seconds before scraping the work bowl and processing for another 30 seconds.
- Take the reserved cilantro and tomatoes and add them to work bowl along with other ingredients and pulse until combined. Transfer to a bowl and serve!
* If not serving right away, reserve in refrigerator with avocado pits to keep them fresh, and cover with a sheet of plastic wrap.