Coca Cola is pretty ubiquitous by now, and no matter where you go, from Morocco to the United States, you'll always find someone throwing down a nice cold Coke. Coke is also, unsurprisingly, one of the most recognizable drinks in the world.
But most of us are only familiar with Coke in one way: as a drink (or lovely ice cream complement). But did you know you can combine Coke with meat for a truly flavorful and distinct bbq? Yeah, it sounds weird, but don't bash it until you try it.
Check out this food video to learn how to make a Coca Cola and brown sugar sauce that can be used to marinated ribs or wings.
1 cup brown sugar
1 can cola
2-4 cloves of garlic minced (or as many as you want)
1/4 cup soya sauce
2-3 lbs. of ribs or wings
In a large casserole combine the brown sugar, cola, onions, garlic and soya sauce.
Place wings or ribs in sauce mixture, bake at 350F for two hours (turning and basting after 1 hour). To thicken sauce, remove meat and in a small bowl or glass, mix 2 heaping teaspoons of cornstarch and add enough water to get a runny paste. Bring sauce to a boil over medium/high heat and gradually add cornstarch water mix stirring constantly.
Bring to a boil and stir until thickened, return meat to pan to coat.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades