Eel sauce, or kabayaki sauce, is a thick, sweet Japanese sauce commonly served as a dipping sauce for Japanese seafood dishes. This eel sauce recipe is quick and easy... as well as delicious.
You Will Need:
• ½ c. mirin
• ½ c. soy sauce
• ¼ c. sugar
• Low sodium soy sauce (optional)
Step 1: Combine ingredients
Combine the mirin, soy sauce, and sugar in a small saucepan.
Step 2: Turn heat to low
Simmer the mixture on low heat, stirring. The sugar will completely dissolve.
Step 3: Cook mixture
Cook the sauce until the liquid is reduced to about ¾ cup.
Step 4: Enjoy
Enjoy the eel sauce over chicken, fish or sushi.
Trivia: Researchers have studied electric eels to develop artificial cells that could one day power medical implants.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades