Food editor Melissa Roberts shows a few different ways to thicken gravy. The first way that is shown is using either arrowroot or cornstarch. Both of these ingredients are gluten free and must be dissolved completely in cold water before adding to hot liquids as clumping will result if added straight. The next method to thicken your gravy is called a buerre manie'. A beurre manie' is French for needed butter. This method is a paste made by combining three tablespoons of butter and three tablespoons of flour. Smooth the ingredients together until a fine paste is created. You then add this paste to the liquid and heat over a brisk simmer until desired thickening takes place. Both methods will give proper thickening results. The beurre manie' will result in much smoother gravy than the arrowroot or cornstarch.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades