From Thanksgiving turkeys to grilled chicken, basting helps add incomparable moisture, tenderness, and flavor to any dish. So if you've never basted before and would like to experience the oily awesomeness that is basted food, check out this food video for a tutorial using chicken and melted butter as an example.
Basting is a technique with a number of applications. Loosely, it's a means of moistening, flavoring, and adding texture to foods by spooning melted fat, sauce or cooking juices over them while they cook. It has a number of applications—it can be used when roasting, cooking in a rotisserie, broiling, grilling, and pan-frying foods, and of course the familiar Thanksgiving turkey baste.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades