How to Mix a classic BBQ sauce for grilling
Check out this how to video to learn how to make BBQ sauce. Experience a new video cookbook with delicious summertime recipes, perfect for your picnic basket or backyard BBQ table. All you need for this classic BBQ sauce recipe is:
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp ginger, peeled and chopped
1 large onion, chopped
3 tbsp chili powder
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 8 oz. can crushed pineapple with its juice
1 28 oz. can tomatoes with their puree
1/3 cup ketchup
1/4 cup cider vinegar
3 tbsp dark brown sugar
3 tbsp light molasses
2 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp salt
1. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a 5-6 quart stockpot until hot.
2. Add the ginger and onion and cook until the onion is golden and tender, about 10 minutes.
3. Add the chili powder and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute.
4. Add the garlic and pineapple and cook for 1 minute longer.
5. Remove from the heat and stir in the crushed tomatoes, ketchup, cider vinegar, brown sugar, molasses, dry mustard, and salt. Puree the sauce with a KitchenAid immersion blender until smooth.
6. Return the saucepot to the heat and bring to a boil over high. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce reduces to about 5 cups-about 25 minutes.