Professional Raw Food Chef, Elaina Love, shows us how to prepare this raw vegan sour cream using coconut flesh. It sounds tasty already!
Young coconut – ½ cups
Hemp seeds – 1 ¼ cups
Lemon juice – 3 tbsp
Raw apple cider vinegar – 1 tsp
White miso paste – 1 tbsp
Salt -1/4 tsp
Water – as required
• Take the young coconut and cut the husk out from the top. Now you can see the coconut clearly. With the tip of a sharp knife cut open the top of the coconut and drain the coconut water into another jar and keep aside. We won't need it for this recipe
• Now, using a scraper, scrape out the coconut flesh and put it in the blender.
• Then you need to add the hemp seeds into the blender.
• Next we add in the sour ingredients- lemon juice, vinegar, miso paste and salt.
• Add water into the blender just enough to cover all the ingredients.
• Cover the blender and mix it well on high speed until smooth.
• And your sour cream is ready!
When you buy young coconuts make sure they are not pink or have black spots at the bottom. This is important or else the coconut flesh would not be good for making this recipe.
This recipe can be kept up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.