Not sure what to use to compliment your steak dinner? Why not try a peppercorn sauce, a surefire way to brighten up a yummy steak. This recipe takes about ten minutes to prepare and requires the following ingredients:
* 1 dsp butter
* 1 dsp green peppercorns
* 1 tsp coarse black pepper
* 100ml Brandy
* 400ml beef stock
* 1 tsp sugar
* 1 tsp salt
* 2 dsp corn flour
* 200ml double cream
1. Heat pan and melt butter in pan add green peppercorns and black pepper.
2. Add the Brandy and heat through, then add beef stock sugar and salt.
3. Mix corn flour with a little water and add to the pan. Heat until the sauce thickens then add the cream and cook until the sauce starts to simmer.
4. Serve with dauphinoise potatoes, fresh watercress and rump steak.
Have an iPhone? Check out all 200+ new features coming in iOS 13.