How to Make a passion fruit and key lime juice vinaigrette
Vinaigrette dressing can definitely make or break a salad, and this version definitely is in the "make" category. Passion fruit, key lime juice, honey, olive oil… how could you go wrong? Watch and learn this recipe for passion fruit and lime vinaigrette.
Kevin Carey from Verrill Farm demonstrates a sweet and tart vinaigrette with flavors of the Caribbean. Colorful and easy to assemble, passion fruit nectar, key limes and honey are the flavors that shine along with olive oil, fresh chives and just a pinch of salt and pepper. Try it with grilled seafood or chicken, as a marinade or dipping sauce. Light and refreshing, this vinaigrette will last covered and refrigerated for up to 3-4 weeks.
* ½ cup key lime juice (about 12 small fresh key limes or use bottled key lime juice)
* 1 cup passion fruit nectar
* ½ cup olive oil
* ½ cup vegetable oil
* ¼ cup clover honey
* 1 tsp salt or to taste
* ¼ tsp black pepper or to taste
* 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
1. Whisk all ingredients together
2. Pour into a bottle or container
3. Will hold up refrigerated for 3-4 weeks
4. Give a good shake to redistribute flavors before using