How to Make pani for Indian pani puri
This dish is a popular one of the streets of India. It's a great dish that is easy to eat and can take one bite to devour. This tutorial will focus on one part of the dish, the pani in the panu puri dish. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: -
Makes: 8 cups
Water – 7 cups
Warm Water – 1 cup
Tamarind – lemon size chunk
Cilantro (Coriander Leaves) – 10 sprigs
Fresh Mint – handful
Green Chili – to taste
Salt – 1 tsp
Dry Mango Powder (Amchur) – 1 tsp
Roasted Cumin Powder – 2 tsp
Pani Puri Masala – 3 tbsp
Black Salt (Kala Namak) – 1 tsp
Lemon or Lime Juice – 2 tbsp
Boiled Potatoes – peeled & cubed
Kala Channa – boiled
Sprouted Mung – optional
1. Soak the Tamarind in the warm water for 15-20 min.
2. Mash with fingers and separate the pulp from the fibers and seeds.
3. Blend the Cliantro, Mint and the Green Chili with a little bit of Water.
4. Add to balance the Water.
5. Strain the Tamarind pulp and add to water.
6. Add in the balance of the ingredients.
7. Mix and adjust the spices if needed.
8. Chill and Serve with Puris, Tamarind Chutney & Potatoes-Kala Chana mixture.
- Use a can of Garbanzo Beans (Chick Peas) instead of Kala Chana.
- The Other Option is to use Sprouted Mung Beans.