Make the perfect sauce for any meal needed a little garlic flair. But you don't want it to be a strong garlic taste, which means you're going to have to blanche the garlic three times. Yes, three times. Watch this video recipe to see how to make a mellow garlic cream sauce.
Todd Sweet of Portsmouth Brewery demonstrates how a few simple ingredients blend into a garlic-lover's dream sauce. Terrific with grilled meats and just takes minutes to make. One cup of whole peeled garlic gets blanched 3 times to remove just a bit of acidity, then blended with heavy cream with salt and pepper. That's it! So easy and so good.
* 1 cup peeled whole garlic cloves
* water for blanching
* 2 cups heavy cream
* salt & pepper for seasoning
* thyme sprig for garnish (optional)
1. Place garlic in small sauté pan. Cover with water and bring to a boil
2. When at a boil, remove from heat and drain; repeat this process two more times
3. After draining for third time, add the cream to the garlic cloves
4. Bring to a simmer over a low flame, then reduce heat and allow to steep 15 minutes
5. Season with salt and pepper and allow to cool
6. Puree until smooth in blender or food processor. The perfect consistency is reached when the sauce coats the back of a spoon
7. Pour into a serving dish and garnish with a sprig of thyme
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.