Thomas DeLuca of Wholesale Italian Food shares his family's recipe for marinara sauce. To begin, add extra virgin olive oil to a heated pan, enough to cover the bottom. Chop 6-8 cloves of fresh garlic and add to the heated oil. Next, add a large can of San Manzano whole tomatoes. They come as whole tomatoes, so mash them a little with a potato masher in the pot. Now it is time for the herbs to be added to the tomatoes to finish up the sauce. Take a large fist full of Italian parsley and remove the leaves from the stems. Then, about 15 leaves of basil should be chopped and all herbs should be added to the pot. Fill the tomato can about 1/3 of the way with water and add to the pot. Give it all a good stir and cover before simmering on medium heat for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
Thomas explains that marinara sauce is a staple in Italian cooking and can be used as the base for all kinds of recipes such as pasta, chicken, pork chops, and meatball sandwiches.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades