The perfect vinaigrette dressing for fish? For chicken? For both? The answer is lemons and chives. The combination of lemon zest and lemon juice shine in this recipe for vinaigrette, which only takes two minutes to prepare! Fresh chives, a good source of vitamin A, impart a mild onion flavor which makes this not only a flavorful salad dressing but, as Kevin Carey of Verrill Farm tells us, a terrific marinade for fish and chicken. It's perfect for basting anything you might want to cook on the grill.
* zest of 2 lemons
* ¼ cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
* ½ tsp salt
* ¼ tsp black pepper
* ¼ tsp garlic, chopped
* ½ cup fresh chives, chopped
* ½ cup olive oil
* ¼ cup corn oil
* citrus juicer or strainer
* glass jar with tight-fitting lid
1. Whisk all ingredients together. Store in a glass jar and shake well before use
2. Will keep covered and refrigerated for 3-4 weeks
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.