How to Make Indian C yogurt chutney
This simple chutney (or Raita for some) is a dish that is packed with flavor, texture and color and and many more pleasant surprises along the way. A perfect compliment to tomato rice, khichadi, any pulao or for that matter any rice dish. Enjoy the crunch in your food! Watch this how to video to learn more about the C-chutney.
Yogurt (Curd) - 1 cup, well-beaten
Cilantro - 10 sprigs
Green Chili - to taste
Fresh Shredded Coconut - 1/2 cup
Salt - to taste
Oil - 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Dry Red Chili - 1
Curry Leaves - few
Cucumber - 1/2 cup (chopped to small cubes)
1. Grind the cilantro, green chili, coconut to a smooth paste with a couple of spoons of yogurt.
2. Add that to the balance of the yogurt.
3. Mix well and add in the cucumber and salt (to taste).
4. For the seasoning, in a small skillet, heat oil on medium heat.
5. Once the oil is hot, add in the mustard seeds and allow them to splutter.
6. Add in dry red chili (keep it whole of you don't want it too spicy).
7. Add in the curry leaves, cook for 20 seconds and turn the flame off.
8. Add the seasoning to the yogurt chutney.
9. Ready to serve.