Stop buying your mustard at the store and learn how to make your own homemade mustard, red onion mustard to be specific. This red onion mustard is a really nice accompaniment with grilled meats and smoked seafood and meats. Watch the video recipe now. This is super easy.
Todd Sweet of Portsmouth Brewery uses just 5 simple ingredients to make a sweet and tangy textured mustard sauce. Red onion, brown sugar, olive oil and fresh thyme are all it takes to turn whole grain mustard into a versatile sauce that's great on sandwiches and pairs perfectly with Todd's Coffee-Rubbed Beef Tenderloin Skewers.
Red Onion Mustard
* 1 medium red onion, small dice
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 2 sprigs fresh thyme, divided
* 2 tbsp brown sugar
* 1 cup whole grain mustard
1. Sweat the onion in the olive oil with 1 thyme sprig over medium-high heat until it is soft and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes
2. Remove the thyme and stir in brown sugar. Allow this mixture to cool 5-10 minutes
3. Stir in mustard. You will have more than you need (save the leftovers for a fabulous sandwich). Will keep in refrigerator up to 2 weeks
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades