How to Make homemade red onion mustard
Stop buying your mustard at the store and learn how to make your own homemade mustard, red onion mustard to be specific. This red onion mustard is a really nice accompaniment with grilled meats and smoked seafood and meats. Watch the video recipe now. This is super easy.
Todd Sweet of Portsmouth Brewery uses just 5 simple ingredients to make a sweet and tangy textured mustard sauce. Red onion, brown sugar, olive oil and fresh thyme are all it takes to turn whole grain mustard into a versatile sauce that's great on sandwiches and pairs perfectly with Todd's Coffee-Rubbed Beef Tenderloin Skewers.
Red Onion Mustard
* 1 medium red onion, small dice
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 2 sprigs fresh thyme, divided
* 2 tbsp brown sugar
* 1 cup whole grain mustard
1. Sweat the onion in the olive oil with 1 thyme sprig over medium-high heat until it is soft and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes
2. Remove the thyme and stir in brown sugar. Allow this mixture to cool 5-10 minutes
3. Stir in mustard. You will have more than you need (save the leftovers for a fabulous sandwich). Will keep in refrigerator up to 2 weeks