Homemade yogurt is so simple to make that you'll wonder why you haven't made it before. Watch this how-to video and try this recipe. You will agree that Indian style homemade yogurt has a delicious flavor that is very different from store bought ones, not to mention how much cheaper it is to make versus buying.
Whole Milk - 4 cups
Starter Yogurt - 1 heaping Tbsp
1. Bring milk to a boil on the stovetop or microwave.
2. Allow milk to cool to slightly warmer than luke warm.
3. Add starter yogurt to the milk and blend together with a hand blender or whisk.
4. Transfer the milk to a container with a tight fitting lid.
5. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Fahrenheit and switch oven off.
6. Place container with milk into warm oven and set timer for 3 1/2 hours.
7. After 3 1/2 hours, remove yogurt from oven and store in refrigerator.
1. Starter yogurt can be from your previous batch or you can buy a small single serve plain yogurt from the grocery store.
2. Do not add starter yogurt into hot milk or yogurt bacteria will die and yogurt will not set.
3. If you prefer yogurt which is on the tart (sour) side, keep the yogurt in the warm oven for 5-6 hours. The longer you keep it outside, the more sour it becomes.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.