Chef Suvir Saran shares his recipe for curried summer squash.
- Combine canola oil, 1 tablespoon of mustard seeds, 3 red chilies, 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds, and 12 curry leaves in a pan and stir fry the ingredients.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric, half a green chili, and 2.5 pounds of summer squash and zucchini to the pan.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Carrots, cabbage, green peas, potatoes, or sweet potato can all be substituted for the summer squash and zucchini in this recipe.