Making your own barbecue sauce can be fun. It doesn't take long to prepare and each batch by adding different ingredients will have a different taste. The sauce made today is called #93 by Pit Master Matthew Whiteford. Put a large pan on the stove with no heat on. In the pan put 2 1/2 cups of ketchup. Add 1/2 cup of molasses, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup of water, 1/4 cup of honey and a splash of whiskey. Now turn the heat on the stove to medium and add the rest of the ingredients: a bit of cayenne pepper (depending on how hot you want your sauce), 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. After all of the ingredients are added take a whisk and blend together. The sauce will cook on medium for 15 to 20 minutes. It is very important that you whisk the sauce the entire time. You want the sauce to bubble but not a rolling boil. Once again be sure to whisk the entire time the sauce is cooking. After the 15-20 minutes, turn the heat off, keep whisking until the sauce stops bubbling and let the sauce cool down so it will thicken. Take out some beef or chicken for dinner and enjoy your homemade barbecue sauce.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades