There's nothing better than homemade dressing, and this blue cheese dressing recipe is sure to stay in your recipe box. Watch and learn how to make this dressing from scratch, in just minutes, with Kevin Carey of Verrill Farm. He'll show you how to make this tangy, creamy yet textured, versatile blue cheese dressing. Pungent blue cheese mixes with mayonnaise, sour cream, scallions, red wine vinegar and a pinch of seasonings. Serve with chicken wings, as a dip for crunchy vegetables or simply as a salad dressing. We assure you, there'll be nothing run-of-the mill about your salad when you top it with something so fresh and home-made.
* 8 oz (about 1½ - 1¾ cups) grated or crumbled blue cheese
* 2 cups mayonnaise
* 1 cup sour cream
* 2 tsp salt
* ½ tsp white pepper
* ½ tsp onion powder
* 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
* 1 large shallot, minced
* cheese grater
1. Grate the blue cheese with a cheese grater (or use crumbled blue cheese)
2. Add blue cheese to a bowl containing mayonnaise and sour cream
3. Add salt, white pepper, onion powder and red wine vinegar and whisk ingredients together
4. With a rubber spatula, fold in the shallots
5. Ready to use or cover and refrigerate in a plastic container for 7-10 days
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.