Homemade biscuits are great. But coupled with homemade gravy, they're irresistible! Follow this Howcast recipe guide to learn how to make country style gravy.
You Will Need
* A pan
* 1 tbsp butter
* 1 tbsp flour
* 1 c whole milk
Step 1: Melt butter in a pan
Melt butter in a pan over medium-high heat.
Step 2: Sprinkle flour over butter and cook until it thick
Sprinkle the flour over the melted butter. Stir frequently until thick.
Step 3: Stir in milk and season to taste
Gradually stir in milk. Add salt and pepper to taste.
*Tip: To thicken the gravy, add more flour and butter. To thin, add more milk.
Step 4: Cook until the gravy thickens
Cook the gravy to your desired consistency, stirring constantly. Serve immediately with biscuits, chicken fried steak, or just about anything else!
Gravies came to popularity in 18th-century England as a cheaper alternative to complex French sauces.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades