Creating a relish is easier than you think, and this bacon-corn relish is the easiest of all, not to mention deliciously sweet. You basically just throw all the ingredients together and mix. You don't need to be a master chef to make this relish.
Andy Husbands' relish is the perfect for topping grilled meats, tacos, or simply enjoyed with chips. Watch out ketchup - this smoky-sweet combination of corn, green olives, bacon and herbs is so well-rounded that this may become the new go-to condiment.
* 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 large ears)
* 2 tbsp fresh-squeezed lemon juice (about ½ lemon)
* ½ small red onion, peeled & diced
* 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
* ¼ cup green olives, pitted & chopped
* ¼ cup Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped
* ½ cup cooked bacon, crumbled
* 2 tbsp chives, minced
1. Toss all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well
2. Relish lasts 2-3 days in the refrigerator, covered
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades