Creating a relish is easier than you think, and this bacon-corn relish is the easiest of all, not to mention deliciously sweet. You basically just throw all the ingredients together and mix. You don't need to be a master chef to make this relish.
Andy Husbands' relish is the perfect for topping grilled meats, tacos, or simply enjoyed with chips. Watch out ketchup - this smoky-sweet combination of corn, green olives, bacon and herbs is so well-rounded that this may become the new go-to condiment.
* 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 large ears)
* 2 tbsp fresh-squeezed lemon juice (about ½ lemon)
* ½ small red onion, peeled & diced
* 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
* ¼ cup green olives, pitted & chopped
* ¼ cup Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped
* ½ cup cooked bacon, crumbled
* 2 tbsp chives, minced
1. Toss all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well
2. Relish lasts 2-3 days in the refrigerator, covered
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.