Corinne Trang, author of Noodles Every Day, explains that contrary to popular belief, fish sauce doesn't last forever. As soon as you open the bottle, the air gets to it and it starts fermenting again.
- Buy it in small quantities, and refrigerate it so that it stays fresh.
- You'll know when it's too old by the color. What you're looking for is a fresh amber or golden colored fish sauce.
- If it gets too dark, almost like soy sauce, or if it forms salt crystals at the bottom, buy a new bottle of sauce.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades