How to Cook Indian spinach raita with yogurt
Spinach raita is yet another tasty way to prepare the ever popular green vegetable. Spinach is a rich source of vitamin A, vitamin C, tocopherol, vitamin E, vitamin K and magnesium. It also contains several vital antioxidantS and folic acid. Watch this How-to video and try this spinach and yogurt combo with rice or chapattis. It's a perfect accompaniment to any meal.
Spinach - 4 cups, chopped
Oil - 1 Tbsp
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Garlic - 3 cloves, finely chopped
Green Chili - 1 or to taste, finely chopped
Mint Leaves - handful, chopped
Yogurt - 2 cups, well beaten
Salt - to taste
1. Heat oil in a medium pan on medium heat.
2. Once oil is hot, add mustard and cumin seeds. Let them sizzle and pop.
3. Add garlic and green chilies and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add mint leaves and stir.
5. Add spinach and mix, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes.
6. Remove cover and increase heat. Continue to cook spinach until the liquid dries up.
7. Remove spinach from stove and allow it to cool.
8. Add spinach and salt to the yogurt, mix well and chill.
9. Serves 4
Tip: If mint Leaves are not available, substitute with cilantro - 5 sprigs, chopped.