In this cooking HowTo video Ellen Pruden features a recipe that any pasta lover should know how to do. Watch as she makes homemade classic pasta sauce using heart healthy canola oil.
Classic pasta sauce ingredients:
3 Tbsp canola oil
2 medium onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup red wine or beef stock
2 - 19 oz cans tomatoes, chopped
3 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 tsp sugar
salt and pepper to taste
In large saucepan, heat canola oil over medium high heat. Add onions and cook 2 – 3 minutes, until onions have softened. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 more minute. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer over low heat about 35 – 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened slightly. Puree in blender or food processor. Return to sauce pan and simmer 15 minutes longer. Serve with pasta.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades